I’ve been subscribed to Danny Brown’s blog for a few weeks now. Last week he introduced a Friday Five concept. It’s similar to the #followfriday hashtag introduced by @micah on Twitter – but instead of recommending a member of the Twitterverse, you provide five recommendations to the readers of your blog. They could be recommendations about anything.
So, here’s my first Friday Five:
- My new favorite food blog: Smitten Kitchen. I dying to try this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake – but a three-layer cake seems like a daunting task;
- Holiday Private Shopping Parties at I Appeal. If you can get 5 or more of your friends/family together, I Appeal will close down the store for your own private shopping party…AND they’ll wrap your gifts for you too! I’m going next week with my girlfriends for an hour of shopping followed by cocktails at Bungalow. Fun! Call 403.271.3696 to book a holiday shopping party at the 17th Ave SW location;
- The Oatmeal – great illustrations and fun lists like “9 Types of Crappy Handshakes.”
- Social Media Breakfast Calgary (#smbyyc) – I attended my first one today and it was a fantastic to meet some other social media enthusiasts in Calgary including Miss @SarahDawley an independent PR consultant in Calgary. Kudos to the McQ Design guys for pulling it together. Watch for information about the next breakfast on December 18th;
- And, since it’s Friday, let’s finish off with some Lady Gaga goodness.
Happy Friday everyone!!!